Monday, October 10, 2011

Bumbling baker sure fit me tonight!

I was making two batches of mini pies this evening for lunches this week (which I will detail tomorrow). First batch of savory pies went without a hitch - no problem. Second batch well... they will probably taste good, but will be disappointing in their appearance I'm afraid.

It seems I turned off the oven inbetween the two batches (I really don't remember doing that) and so I put the tarts into a fairly warm oven which then made the tart crust get soft and mushy from all the juices of the fruit. So, I doubt I will be able to lift them out in one piece. It might be a type of crumble instead!

But, it's late and I'm tired, but I made 12 savory mini pies and 12 tarts/pies tonight. Pictures and details tomorrow. But yes, a pro I am not - bumbling baker is an appropriate name.

No comments:

Post a Comment