Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why do I feel guilty? Or bad?

I have been wicked busy the last few days - no time for any baking at all. So, I bought whole grain bread for my husband and twice now potato bread for my younger son this past week and I bought store bought cookies for the kids to snack on (Newtons).

I feel bad I couldn't fit it in. And I don't know if I like it that the kids prefer the store bought crap. My younger son loves, loves, loves the soft squishy breads like Martin's Potato Bread.

And then there's my teen. I just had to laugh at him though when he said it. We were in a Sunday School graduation meeting and he requested donuts as his food choice for the party. Donuts. His mother makes all sorts of baked goods and he wants this:


I asked him about it later in a joking way and he said, "Sometimes I just want pure junk food." Well, what can I say to that? I just had to laugh, but I do feel a bit guilty when I buy commercial bread and cookies and I'm not quite sure why! And I'm not sure how I like them preferring pure crap when given a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment